FALL DEVELOPMENT INTERN (September – December 2019)
Applications are due by August 1st.
Workers Defense Project is a membership-based organization that empowers low-income workers to achieve fair employment through education, direct services, organizing and strategic partnerships.
WDP is looking for a development intern to help raise money for the organization. The intern will be working with various members of Workers Defense Project’s development team to help WDP meet its fundraising goals. The development team is responsible for fundraising for the organization through special events, individual donor cultivation, grant proposals, mailings, online appeals, marketing, and soliciting donations organizations, churches and law firms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable calling or visiting individuals and businesses to ask for donations;
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office, Google Docs, graphic design skills helpful;
- Ability to work independently;
- Commitment to social justice; and
- Able to work 10 to 15 hours a week.
- Assist the development team with the execution of the biggest annual event – the Change Makers luncheon;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of special events and campaigns;
- Help with donor appreciation – thank you letters, phone calls, etc.;
- Assist with preparation of promotional materials for donor visits and events; and
- Assist the development team with daily tasks and other duties.
- $150 monthly stipend;
- Valuable knowledge of non-profit operations, fundraising, and inner workings of organizing in the labor movement in Texas; and
- Class credit available.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter and one reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, you can check out our website at www.workersdefense.org.
Workers Defense Project embraces diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.