WDP is looking for a communications intern to help implement and manage its communications plan. With the assistance of the Development Director and Communications Director, the communications intern will help Workers DefenseProject maintain its public profile.
- 3.0 GPA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to social justice
- Able to work 10 to 15 hours a week
- The intern will work the development manager to:
- Manage WDP’s online database to track press contacts
- Earn media coverage around WDP events
- Create digital materials for strategic campaigns
- Engage with members to share their stories
- General Office Admin support, answering phones, case data entry, etc.
- Life-long experience and skills
- Weekly stipend of $150 to cover costs associated with travel and food
- Referrals for future employment
- Possible class credit
WDP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
How to Apply: Send letter of interest, resume and one reference to Vicki Adame at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website www.workersdefense.org for more information.