JOB OPENING: APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
OPERATIONS MANAGER in Austin, TX
Our high-traffic office needs an Operations Manager with excellent time management skills and a proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious goals. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track-record of creative and innovative solutions to operation needs and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be committed to getting results and able to handle a heavy workload.
About Workers Defense Project
Created in 2002, WDP is a statewide, membership-based organization devoted to workers’ rights and advocacy, chiefly aiming to build power among Texas construction workers. Its mission – to empower low-income workers to achieve fair employment through education, direct services, organizing and strategic partnerships – is accomplished through a network of dedicated staff, volunteers and members. WDP has won numerous awards for its cutting-edge achievements within one of the country’s most difficult climates for workers. The New York Times described WDP as “one of the most creative organizations for immigrant workers in the country”.
Job Description: Operations Manager
The Operation Manager plays a key role in preparing the organization for growth and new endeavors. This position is responsible for adequately preparing and maintaining internal systems to maximize the organization’s efficiency. This position will report to the Director of Operations. Key duties will be: oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll processing, acilities and technology management, and administrative protocols and systems for all programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial and Technology Management
- Provide support to the Director of Operations on all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements;
- Make all bookkeeping entries;
- Provide support on year-end reports and documentation for annual audit;
- Support year-end tax reporting and preparation of tax forms and reports;
- Assess and manage technology needs of the organization (including Google Business Apps, websites, domains, etc.);
- Work with the Finance Team to prepare all required financial reports, budgets, financial statements, and budget analysis for federal, corporate, and private foundation grant applications and reports;
- Handle all new and terminated employee processing;
- Process payroll;
- Support with benefits (health, dental, liability, workers’ compensation, retirement, disability, COBRA and unemployment) related matters;
- Manage/improve system for expense allocations and PTO tracking; and
- Support the Director of Operations with any additional HR functions.
- Develop and implement office organizational systems to increase efficiency;
- Maintain inventory of office supplies/equipment and order accordingly;
- Responsible for scheduling/maintaining building rental calendar;
- Data entry, filing, faxing, emailing, copying, filing and other general office duties as assigned;
- Create and implement strategies for enhancing and streamlining administrative processes where possible, leverage technology solutions to simplify and expedite administrative activities; and
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- 2+ years of accounting with non-profits;
- 2+ years experience in Office Management;
- 1+ years of Payroll Administration experience;
- Ability to work with MS Office, Google Applications, and QuickBooks;
- Detail-Oriented, Self-Starter, Hard-Working individual;
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills;
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities;
- Possess an ability to break down complex information into manageable parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The posting will be removed from the WDP website once filled. To apply, please:
- Provide a cover letter, resume, and list of three references (in PDF format)
- Note in your cover letter (1) when you would be available to begin working with us
- Send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, Workers Defense Project embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.