JOB OPENING: APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in Austin, TX
Workers Defense Project (WDP) and Workers Defense Action Fund (WDAF) are seeking a full-time Executive Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Director and provide additional administrative support for the HR and Operations department. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience in an active and complex executive support role. This position will require you to work independently while juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines—excellent time management and organizational skills are necessary.
The successful candidate will possess attention to detail, high energy and flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. This individual will need to work well in a team environment and be able to represent WDP with professional courtesy and acumen. The duties and administrative functions will require confidentiality, initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems to higher levels.
About Workers Defense Project
Created in 2002, WDP is a statewide, membership-based organization devoted to workers’ rights and advocacy, chiefly aiming to build power among Texas construction workers. Its mission – to empower low-income workers to achieve fair employment through education, direct services, organizing and strategic partnerships – is accomplished through a network of dedicated staff, volunteers and members. WDP has won numerous awards for its cutting-edge achievements within one of the country’s most difficult climates for workers. The New York Times described WDP as “one of the most creative organizations for immigrant workers in the country”.
Workers Defense Action Fund
Workers Defense Action Fund (WDAF) seeks to build a long-lasting infrastructure that will engage working Texans in the electoral and legislative processes that affect their lives. WDAF educates and informs voters about their rights, advocates for stronger protections for workers and engages historically underrepresented voters in campaigns to elect representatives that care about working families’ needs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Executive Administrative Assistant will spend half their time managing key administrative functions for the Executive Director (ED) of WDP and WDAF and the remaining time supporting the HR and Operations Department.The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Related to Executive Director:
- Manage ED’s calendar for internal and external meetings;
- Make all travel arrangements for ED;
- Compose, edit and proofread correspondence;
- Fill out regular paper works and reports;
- Prepare materials for Board of Directors meetings and manage meeting logistics;
- Assist management of Leadership Council, including agenda development, outreach, follow-up, and logistics; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Related to HR and Operations Department:
- Maintain office calendars and building reservations;
- Assist Operations Manager with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable;
- Assist Operations Manager with payroll;
- Assist HR and Operations Department with logistics for all staff events; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of administrative job experience;
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office tools, Google Business Apps, QuickBooks, and database management software;
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills;
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Motivated individual with ability to work independently;
- Experience working in a non-profit and fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; and
- Must have insured vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive.
How to apply: Send resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position title on the subject line of your email. WDP will conduct a criminal background check after making a conditional offer for this position.
WDP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, women, and LBGTQ individuals to apply.