JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: ESL Instructor
Dallas, TX | Applications accepted until position filled
ESL INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS
WDP is committed to helping improve the quality of life of immigrant workers. To achieve this goal, WDP offers English as a Second Language (ESL) courses for its members. ESL Instructors provide participants with the opportunity to learn important English skills while building a broader understanding of social inequality through the curriculum. ESL instructors use multiple resources to create and deliver tailored lessons plans. Instructors will also evaluate student learning at regular intervals to assess progress.
- Use textbooks and other materials to plan interactive lessons for class size ranging from 10 to 20 (8-week course)
- Keep track of student attendance and establish a student persistence plan
- Maintain communication with students about their absences
- Remind students about class policies, changes in class schedule, special events, etc.
- Administer mid-semester student evaluation and make necessary adjustments based on student feedback
- Meet with program administrator after at least one scheduled class observation
- Facilitate projects for students to present at an end of semester event
- Help students develop goals and track progress from the beginning to the end of each semester
- Work with a teaching assistant (if available)
- Create activities for preparation, learning and follow-up for up to 3 field trips during the course
- Invite outside speakers to talk to class to incorporate information students request about healthcare, finances, etc
- Prepare students for monthly field trips and accompany class during field trips
- Incorporate technology (laptops or computer lab) for class projects
- Write weekly class summaries
- Work with other teachers to share best practices and lesson ideas
- Prepare classes for substitutes as needed
HOURS & COMPENSATION
- 11001 Midway Rd, Dallas TX 75229
- 6 hours of classroom instruction weekly and
- Up to 6 hours of planning time weekly, for a 16-week semester. Morning (9am-12pm) and evening shifts available (6-9PM)
- This is a part-time position paid at $15 an hour (~12-20 hours a week).
- Classes will start early-to-mid-January and run 16 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Closing date to apply: Applications accepted until position filled.
WDP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, female, and LBGTQ individuals to apply.