JOB OPENING: APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR in Austin, TX
Workers Defense Project (WDP) is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator to resource our movement for change. The Development Coordinator will play a vital role in our Development team by cultivating donors, managing giving campaigns, supporting fundraising events, coordinating with our Board of Directors and Leadership Council, and maintaining detailed records of donations and donor interactions. This individual will help us tell our story to the public, maintain donors’ interest in our work, utilize our networks, and – most of all – keep our fundraising efforts organized and data-driven.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented and proactive, with a knack for building strong relationships and communicating to a variety of audiences. We are looking for someone who is great at organizing data and organizing people, and who can get the best out of both. Our Development Coordinator should be a strong project manager, a committed team player, and an empathetic person who understands donors’ wants and needs. This individual should thrive in a fast-paced environment, and feel comfortable juggling multiple competing priorities. Finally, the Development Coordinator will be committed to justice for workers and Latinx immigrants, and will be passionate about achieving financial sustainability for our movement.
About Workers Defense Project
Created in 2002, WDP is a statewide, membership-based organization devoted to workers’ rights and advocacy, chiefly aiming to build power among Texas construction workers. Its mission – to empower low-income workers to achieve fair employment through education, direct services, organizing and strategic partnerships – is accomplished through a network of dedicated staff, volunteers and members. WDP has won numerous awards for its cutting-edge achievements within one of the country’s most difficult climates for workers. The New York Times described WDP as “one of the most creative organizations for immigrant workers in the country.”
About Workers Defense Action Fund
Workers Defense Action Fund (WDAF) seeks to build a long-lasting infrastructure that will engage working Texans in the electoral and legislative processes that affect their lives. WDAF educates and informs voters about their rights, advocates for stronger protections for workers and engages historically underrepresented voters in campaigns to elect representatives that care about working families’ needs.
- Process all donations and other financial contributions in CiviCRM database;
- Prepare and send thank you letters and donation receipts;
- Respond to inquiries and maintain records related to donations;
- Ensure ongoing accuracy of all donor records in database;
- Produce donation reports that track fundraising progress, donor retention, and revenue streams;
- Coordinate giving campaigns (Amplify Austin, North Texas Giving Day, corporate campaigns, and more);
- Provide support for fundraising events (logistics, coordination with donors, tracking donations, etc.);
- Coordinate donor stewardship efforts, such as e-newsletters;
- Coordinate creation of fundraising materials, such as signage, swag, one-pagers, donor packets, and the annual report;
- Create reports to track fundraising trends, progress and analysis;
- Collaborate with Finance team to reconcile contributions between bookkeeping records and CiviCRM database;
- Liaise with WDP’s Board of Directors and Leadership Council, and manage all logistics for Board Meetings and Leadership Council convenings
- Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org email account;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for Executive Director;
- Manage administrative paperwork for Co-Executive Directors, including credit card reconciliation, per diem requests, mileage, and reimbursements;
- Arrange Executive Directors’ travel;
- Process mail for the Austin office; and
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum one year of fundraising experience or administrative experience;
- Minimum one year of experience with database management software?
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office tools and Google Business Applications;
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills;
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Able to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities; and
- Preferred: proficient in Spanish.
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive.
How to apply: Send resume, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. WDP will conduct a criminal background check after making a conditional offer for this position.
WDP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, women, and LBGTQ individuals to apply.