Workers Defense Project is a membership-based organization that empowers low-income workers to achieve fair employment through education, direct services, organizing and strategic partnerships.
WDP is looking for a Communications Intern to help implement and manage its communications plan. The Communications Intern will help Workers Defense Project maintain its public profile.
- 3.0 GPA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to social justice
- Able to work 10 to 15 hours a week
The intern will work the Development Associate to:
- Manage WDP’s online database to track press contacts
- Secure media coverage around WDP events
- Create images for strategic campaigns
- Engage with members to share their stories
- $300 monthly stipend
- Valuable knowledge of non-profit operations, strategic communications, and inner workings of organizing in the labor movement in Texas
WDP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. To apply: Please send resume, cover letter and one reference to Sam Robles at email@example.com. For more information, visit our website at www.workersdefense.org